As Patient Services, Inc. (PSI) celebrates its 30th year, we wanted to do something special to support our patients and the chronic-illness community. Since Dr. Dana Kuhn founded PSI in 1989, we have been committed to helping patients with unaffordable medical expenses. Medical costs can be a heavy burden and cripple families, and we want to do everything in our power to prevent that from happening. This is exactly why we’ve decided to launch our #30for30 campaign.
The goal of our #30for30 campaign is simple: raise money for our patient assistance programs and raise awareness for the chronic-illness community. Rare-disease patients shouldn’t have to decide between putting food on the table or paying for their life-saving drug. They shouldn’t have to choose between paying for their premium instead of paying rent or mortgage.
We want to challenge you to donate or raise $30 for our 30th year, by becoming part of our fundraising team.
How You Can Help
Aside from donating, you can help our effort in a few ways:
- Tell your community, your church, your employer, your family, your friends, your favorite restaurants — tell everyone and invite them to donate.
- Share our #30for30 posts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Have a birthday in August? Request that friends and family donate to PSI in your honor.
- If you have personal PSI testimonies please submit them here. We accept testimonies in written and video form. With your permission, we’d love to share your stories on our patient blog or even feature you on PSI’s podcast (Rare Perspectives available on Apple Podcasts and SoundCloud)! If you’re pressed for time, consider submitting a short quote about PSI.
- Send this email (template provided below):
Dear [Insert Name],
In [Insert year], [Insert I or my loved one] was diagnosed with [Insert Diagnosis], a rare and expensive chronic illness. Each month I am required to pay [Insert Total Dollar Amount] in order to access my life-saving drug. If it weren’t for Patient Services, Inc. (PSI), a national non-profit organization whose mission is to help chronically ill patients with unaffordable medical expenses, I would not be able to afford my treatment and would have to choose between paying my bills (i.e.- putting food on the table, paying the electric bill, paying [Insert rent or mortgage] or paying for treatment. I cannot survive without my medication.
Your support is key and can help to restore hope and health to those living with a chronic illness. Would you please consider making a $30.00 donation to PSI to help them celebrate their 30th birthday (on August 29, 2019)?
I thank you in advance for supporting PSI’s mission and the #30for30 campaign! Your donation is greatly appreciated and will be used to help chronically ill patients afford their copayments, health insurance premiums, travel, nursing and ancillary costs. You can either donate online at https://www.patientservicesinc.org/donate, or send a check to the address below.
Patient Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5930
Midlothian, VA 23112
With warm regards,
[Insert your name]
Ultimately, the more awareness we raise, the more lives we can save. Thank you for being part of the PSI family and helping us celebrate 30 years of patient assistance. Your support is greatly appreciated!