Since 1989, Patient Services Incorporated has restored hope and health to rare disease patients. We truly admire the many perspectives we come across in our line of work. This inspired us to create our new podcast, Rare Perspectives, where we go beyond the diagnosis, and explore the heart of the experience!
Our goal with this podcast is to shed light on the paths that patients walk and highlight difference perspectives. We hope their stories help to educate the listener about chronic illness. For PSI, this is our calling. These are their stories.
PSI Launches New Podcast
In May of 2019, PSI launched a brand-new podcast called, “Rare Perspectives.” This new podcast can be found on iTunes as well as Soundcloud. With each new podcast, which are an estimated 15 minutes per episode in length, we invite you, the listener, into the conversation.
Why Launch A Podcast?
With a huge shift in digital time moving towards video, why launch a podcast? Here’s just some of the most recent research that will shed a light on why PSI has jumped into the world of podcasts with Rare Perspectives:
- 51% of the US population has listened to a podcast (Infinite Dial 19)
- 50% of all US homes are podcast fans (Nielsen, Aug 2017)
- 32% (90 million) listened to a podcast in the last month (Infinite Dial 19)
- 22% (62 million) listen to podcasts weekly (Infinite Dial 19)
- Podcast listeners listen to an average of 7 different shows per week, up from 5 in 2017
- Podcast listeners are more likely to follow companies and brands on social media
- There is an estimated 17 million more monthly podcast listeners and 14 million more weekly listeners in the United States so far in 2019 than in 2018. (Infinite Dial 19)
- By 2022, it’s estimated that podcast listening will grow to 132 million people in the United States. (statista)
- Podcasting has grown as a traditional media, with 61.2% spending more time listening to podcasts than they do consuming TV shows. (discoverpods.com)
Taking Your Story To The Digital Rooftops
At PSI, we want to be wherever people with rare disease and chronic illness are found. We want to take our message of restoring hope and health to the rooftops.
In just the past year alone, PSI has already ventured further into the world of video as well as blogging, so, it is rather fitting that we now add podcasting to our ever-increasing suite of programs and content aimed to help make a difference in what can oftentimes be a world of such overwhelming odds. In this, people have a story to tell, and we want to partner with them to tell it.
Your Story Matters
Do you have a story to tell? We’d love to hear from you and maybe, just maybe, even have you on as a guest in a future podcast. You can contact us with your story here:
Who Is PSI?
The founder of PSI shaped the very first non-profit patient assistance model in 1989. Dr. Dana Kuhn knows the pain firsthand of watching a loved one fight-and-lose their battle against chronic illness; he knows, too, the crippling financial burden often carried by those left behind. Since our inception in 1989, Patient Services has been a pioneer leading the charge to find solutions to the challenges that face the chronically ill in the United States.
We provide financial support and guidance for qualified patients with specific, rare chronic diseases. Our team is passionate about accessibility and affordability to treatment. That’s why we are committed to helping subsidize the costs of health insurance premiums and out of pocket costs (copayments/coinsurance). Furthermore, we offer a variety of legal services free of charge through the PSI-A.C.C.E.S.S. Program for specific rare disease communities. Through PSI assistance programs patients and their families rediscover hope and health.
Learn more about us here.