THE PSI A.C.C.E.S.S. PROGRAM
What is the A.C.C.E.S.S.® Program?
Founded by the late Rachel Warner in 1989, Advocating for Chronic Conditions, Entitlements and Social Services (A.C.C.E.S.S.®) is a program dedicated to helping find solutions to the social and economic problems that confront families facing chronic conditions. Rachel devoted the last six years of her life to exploring the paths to benefits and services available for chronically ill patients, as well as advocating on behalf of this community. Patient Services, Inc and its staff build upon her legacy by continuing to provide the A.C.C.E.S.S.® Program. The program employs attorneys that have represented hundreds of people nationwide before an administrative law judge.
A.C.C.E.S.S. helps families navigate the often complex maze of state and federal entitlement programs, as well as eligibility for health insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act, and through group health insurance continuation under federal law (COBRA and HIPAA). Our goal is to reduce the time and effort required to obtain the benefits to which you may be entitled so that you may concentrate your efforts on managing your care and providing for your loved ones.
In addition, our staff provide legal support hotline services for the Bleeding Disorder and Alpha 1 patient communities. Services under the legal support hotline include:
- Counseling you on how to obtain or continue health insurance as an individual or as a small business
- Helping you understand how to appeal a denial of coverage by your health insurance carrier for medical treatment needed for your condition
- Advising you on your right regarding reasonable accommodations for your condition at work (for example, the option to sit rather than stand if you have severe arthritis that makes standing for extended periods difficult)
- Guiding you on how to ensure your child’s right to reasonable accommodations for their condition at school (for example, the need to make up time missed from school due to bleeding episodes and doctor’s visits)
- Providing you with information about how the Family Medical Leave Act can help you when you need to take time off from work to care for yourself or a family member
Call the legal support hotline toll free at 1 (877) 851-9065 to speak with an attorney.
All services are no charge
The services provided by A.C.C.E.S.S.® are offered absolutely without charge to persons with the following rare chronic disorders:
- Alpha1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Hemophilia and related Bleeding Disorders
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Primary Immune Deficiency
- Certain other auto-immune and neuromuscular disorders
If you have any questions about A.C.C.E.S.S.® or if you wish to consult with one of our patient advocates, call us toll-free at 1 (888) 700-7010. For questions about the legal support hotline please call 1 (877) 851-9065. We are here to help you!