Frequently Asked Questions
Q. WHO CAN APPLY FOR ASSISTANCE?
A. Families affected by the listed Illnesses are eligible to apply. Assistance is determined using a sliding scale that includes several factors such as household income, number of dependents, and the state in which you live.
Q. WHAT IF I AM RECEIVING ASSISTANCE FROM ANOTHER ORGANIZATION?
Q. DO YOU HAVE TO BE A U.S. CITIZEN TO APPLY?
A. You must legally reside in the US or one its territories and receive treatment from a US provider.
Q. HOW MUCH FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE MAY I RECEIVE?
A. Financial assistance awarded varies by program. Upon approval, you will receive written notification from PSI regarding your assistance amount.
Q. DO I NEED INSURANCE IN ORDER TO QUALIFY?
Q. HOW LONG DOES THE APPLICATION PROCESS TAKE?
Q. HOW WILL I KNOW IF MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR ASSISTANCE?
Q. CAN I SELECT ANY PHARMACY/PHYSICIAN THAT I WOULD LIKE?
Individuals are entitled to freely choose a provider and/or treatment, and PSI employees will not encourage or direct patients to select a specific provider or treatment in order to receive PSI assistance.
Q. WILL YOU PAY MY DOCTOR OR PHARMACY DIRECTLY?
Q. WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY INFORMATION AT PSI?
Q. WHAT AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR IN ORDER TO REMAIN ELIGIBLE FOR ASSISTANCE?
- Notify PSI of any increase/decrease in your Premiums, Copayments or Medicare CoPayments after receiving notification by the insurance company, physician, or pharmacy.
- Notify PSI of a change in eligibility of Premium, Copayment, or Insurance/Medicare coverage.
- Return any Premium, Copayment, or Medicare Copayment refunds/unused checks to PSI.
- Notify PSI of a change of address and/or telephone number.
- Notify PSI of a change in financial status.
- Notify PSI if you discontinue treatment.
- Comply with any and all PSI policies; otherwise it could result in the discontinuation of assistance from PSI.
- Supply PSI with proof of your premium and co-payment as needed.
- Ensure all invoices and requests are received by PSI within 4 months of the date of service.
Q. WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT MY ASSISTANCE?
Q. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I RECEIVE A REFUND CHECK?
Q. WHAT IS THE PSI SECONDARY ASSISTANCE PAYMENT CARD?
A. PSI’s secondary payment assistance card makes the payment of approved PSI assistance simple and cost efficient for prescription drug treatment or major medical services. Approved patients simply present their primary insurance card along with their PSI payment assistance card before accessing services covered by their approved PSI assistance.
To learn more about the PSI payment assistance card please contact PSI Operations at [email protected].